Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Elsa - "T'en vas pas"

I'm sorry for letting you without news for several days, but february 1987 was not a very active month regarding number ones in the U.K. and U.S. music charts... In U.K., Ben E. King stayed 3 weeks number one and in the U.S. it's even "worst" as Bon Jovi stayed 4 weeks at first place!

So, today I decided to let you know what was number one hit in... France! Why? First, because I'm a frenchspeaking guy from Belgium so, this is also part of my "culture"... Second, because I'm sure you could find the french singers quite "funny" to see and listen to...

Today, let me introduce you to a young and very romantic french singer aged only 14 at that time: Elsa. And this is probably her biggest hit, it's called "T'en vas pas" wich could be translated by "Don't go!"...

Maybe some english speaking people do know her though because she also sang some songs with Glenn Medeiros... but I'm not sure that was hits anywhere else than in France.

OR maybe you're a football fan and her face reminds you someone because she was for several years the girlfriend of world champion french soccer player: Bixente Lizarazu.

On the music point of view, she never really managed to lose that "young romantic girl" image she had... Luckily for her she's also acting in some french movies or tv-movies...

If you live outside France and heard about her, please let me know! :-)

No comments: