Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Kenny Rogers a country's star?

Today, I want to talk about Kenny Rogers. I think that anybody in the US knows who he is. Kenny Rogers is a monument in US music's history! He's also well known all over the world, but probably far less, because the country music is, for instance, not so popular in Europe (where I'm from)...
I have to say to be honest that I do know his name and I even know his face, but I could hardly sing one of his songs! By the way, it's quite funny to see how much his face is popular... I even found a funny website where you can send pictures of all the men that looks like Kenny! You should have a look here just for fun... ;-)
But is Kenny Rogers "only" a country music's star, certainly not! He also wrote great love songs such as "Through the years", "She believes in me", "You decorated my life", and "Lady" the biggest song of his career. Actually, I didn't know what "Lady" was for a song, then I watched the video ... and now, I'm very ashamed... This song is really a BIG BIG HIT!

The reason why I'm talking about Kenny Rogers today is because it's the day Kenny reached the first place in 1980 in UK charts with the song "Coward of the county". This song was such a success that an TV movie based on it was created... and Kenny himself played in it!
Nevertheless, the 80's are not the best years for Kenny regarding the music charts... he spent times to some new activities such as photography, he even published several well-received photography books...
I can't sum up his 50 years long career here, but make sure Kenny is still "alive and kicking"! He recorded 58 (!) albums which have sold over 100 millions records worlwide... His "42 Ultimate Hits" album has also sold several millions of records...and he's still touring...
I'll let him finish this post:
"I've always been like a boomerang. You can throw me away, but you can rest assured, I'm coming back!"

More info on Kenny Rogers on his official site, click here.
Other Kenny Rogers great site, click here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenny Rodgers graduated from the highschool that I attended!! He went with my aunt and he signed her yearbook!!!

marcia
http://girlmsg.blogdrive.com/