Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Phil Collins & Marilyn Martin "Seperate Lives"

"Seperate lives" from Phil Collins ?!? Was that a n°1 hit? Yes, 20 years ago it was n°1 in the United-States! I guess that for once, Belgium was really too far away from the States, because I can hardly remember that song ever reached Europe! :-)

I'm almost sorry to have to talk about that song for the first time that I'm talking about Phil Collins on this blog! Though I'm not a real Phil Collins' fan, there are several songs from him that I like very much... ( and also others that I hate!)



Anyway, even if that last only 1 week, that song was n°1 and I'm going to tell you a bit more about it... Obviously there were people who liked it and maybe you're part of those! ;-)

This song was written to be part of the soundtrack of the movie "White Nights" from Taylor Hackford, starring Mikhail Baryshnikov and Gregory Hines.


No need to say that this movie is for dance lovers only, Baryshnikov is certainly a dance genius, but that doesn't make him an actor! And don't expect to be thrilled by the "political/thriller" part of the movie!! :-)

Before she sang this duet with Phil Collins, backing vocalist Marilyn Martin had performed with Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks, and had performed on Kenny Loggins' n°1 hit "Footloose"... which was the main song from... a dance movie!!! Is there any kind of "singer for dance movies" diploma out there?!? :-))

Ok, enough said... if you liked that song or if you don't have a clue anymore what it was, you can watch the entire video above...

But I suggest you rather click on the cover below, and listen to some samples of Phil Collins' greatest hits...


No comments: