Friday, January 21, 2005

What's up this year ?!?

Hey all!

I can't believe I let you 20 days without any updates!!! "Shame on you!" should you say... Yeah, you're right!

I have to admit I was a bit lazy during these holiday times, but believe it or not, back in 1985, nothing moved in the UK charts during this period!
As I already told you, "Do They Know it's Christmas?" stayed number one for 4 months!!! I'm glad this year's cover is not going to do the same! ;-)

Regarding the US charts, we already talked about Madonna... I can already tell you that next one to reach first place will be Foreigner, but that's not for today yet... Sorry!

Seeing that some hit singles stayed very long time in the eighties charts (not changing as fast as nowadays!) I've chosen a BIG New Year's resolution: I will also do some searches on the hits of the early eighties. As I started this blog called "20 Years ago... Music of the 80's" in the middle of this decade... It means that we would miss the first half of the 80's !!! This is unacceptable!!!
This way, I hope you'll have more frequent updates about your favourite singers and bands from the 80's... and that you'll enjoy the trip back there!

See you soon! ;-)

If you want to know what we'd miss by ignoring the years from 1980 to 1984, click on the image below and listen to the samples...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for dedicating a blog to 80s music!!!!!! :)
Maria - http://freakbrigade.blogspot.com/

A.Bricteux said...

I guess than in 10 years (actually only 4 left)... I'll rename this blog "30 years ago...music from the 80's"... ;-)