Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Hall & Oates "Out of Touch"

Yesterday, I told you who was on UK charts' first place... Today, I'm going to talk about the ones that reached the first place in US charts 20 years ago... It was Hall & Oates with the song "Out of Touch".

Hall & Oates' duet was formed in the 70's already but their biggest hits songs are part of the 80's history. To be honest, before doing some searches on them, I did not clearly remember what they sang, but just click on the following links to listen some samples, and I'm sure you'll say: "Ooh, that's from them?!? I know that song!". So, here are the ones I easily remember when listening to : "Out of Touch ", "I can't go for that...(no) ", and the more famous "Maneater " and "Kiss on My List ".
I thought this group disappeared at the end of the 80's, but actually they are still there... They might be a bit less successful than in the 80's but they are touring regularly and have just released a new album in October '04 named "Our Kind of Soul ". This album contains mainly cover versions of soul standards and is kind of a tribute to legendary soul music stars such as Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Barry White, The Temptations, Aretha Franklin...
2005 might be the year of their come-back to international success... Seems Hall & Oates are trendy again, as a new dance release of "Out of Touch" by Uniting Nations is currently climbing in the charts...
More info on Hall & Oates: http://www.hallandoates.de/

No comments: